Right now Cobiro doesn't set up conversion tracking automatically for websites. In case you have conversion tracking already implemented, Cobiro will measure conversions based on the actions you have already defined as conversions in your conversion tracker. If you want to track and measure your conversions you need to implement conversion tracking manually in Google Ads (previously known as Google AdWords). It is up to you to decide which customer actions you want to track because you find them valuable for your business. You can use conversion tracking to track actions such as sign-ups, phone calls or offline activities.
To set up conversion tracking yourself, you need to log into your Google Ads account and follow the steps described below:
- Go to "Tools" at the top right in Google Ads.
- Under "Measurement" you should click on "Conversions".
- Click on the blue "+" button to add a conversion action that is valuable to your business.
The conversion tracking process works a little differently for each conversion source, but they tend to fall into one of these categories:
- You add a conversion tracking tag or code snippet to your website. When a potential customer clicks your ad from Google Search a temporary cookie is placed on their computer or mobile device. As soon as they complete the action that you defined as a conversion action, Google Ads recognizes the cookie and detects it as a conversion.
- Tracking phone calls doesn't require a tag or code snippet. To track phone calls from call extensions or call-only ads, you use a Google forwarding number to track when the call came from one of your ads and specific details about the call.
If you need more information on the setup of conversion tracking, please visit Google's website here.